Pinterest

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Peppermint Platters and Peppermint Steel Cut Oats

The night before our big baking day, we made some platters made out of peppermint.  Most of our baking we present to our neighbors or friends, so the peppermint platter was perfect.

PEPPERMINT PLATTERS:

1.  Lay out the peppermints in any design you want on top of parchment paper

Greta laying out the Peppermint Platter
We took out my Grandma's old tablecloth

2.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350.


3.  Wait until cool and take off pan - ready to rock.

Peppermint Platter to be used to deliver cookies
We made 5 of them - no one was exactly alike


CHRISTMAS CROCK POT STEEL CUT OATS

With the crushed and leftover peppermints, I added them to my oatmeal in addition to a few peppermint marshmallows.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup dry steel cut oats
2 cups of water

Cook in crock pot on low overnight.  The next day mix in peppermints and marshmallows.  Now I only used slivers of the peppermint and they immediately melted - yum!  Also, I usually add stevia to my oatmeal, but the marshmallows melted and added in the sweetness I need with only 60 extra calories (200 calories total).  I wouldn't do that every day - but for Christmas oatmeal It. Was. Delicious.

Christmas Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats



We've spent all day baking and we've had such a great time.  Last Thursday we had school programs and tomorrow is their Sunday School program.  Despite the busyness of it all, I love all of these special times with my children.  I am so blessed.

SWELL GAL PEPPERMINT GOODIES

Speaking of blessed: my friend Kristie Weber, owner of Swell Gal Products,  my friend for 30 years and owner of Swell Gal Products sent me a HUGE care package yesterday.  I literally cried with happiness.  This time of year for mom's (ok, maybe just me) consists of a lot of running around, making everything special for the kids, exhaustion, etc. so to receive a gift pack filled with her home-made awesome products made with peppermint (mostly) and love really made my day.  And I know I've said this before, but her products changed my life (eczema gone) and every day when I apply her creme I am grateful. 

Swell Gal Products and Hofer's Goal Milk Soap - LOVE!


What are you grateful for?  Are you baking cookies this year?    Do you have any peppermint inspirations?   Greta worked really hard on all the peppermint patties and she now has an aversion to peppermint which I hope will pass.

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Peppermint bark trays are something I've never seen until this year but they look so neat!

    ReplyDelete