Pinterest

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Dishwashing Soap and DIY Shampoo

Our dishwasher broke exactly one week ago today.  I wanted to call the repair man but Chad insisted he'd fix it (not yet - but soon).  I'm sensitive to taste (I can taste dish washing liquid on dishes) which lead me to discover a new all-natural dish washing soap which works great.  I've also been making my own organic shampoo which I also love.

DISH WASHING LIQUID

Needless to say, with a busy family of 5 I've done more dishes by hand in the past week than I have in the past year.  My issue with washing dishes by hand is that no matter how many times I rinse I can always taste the dish soap.  When our dishwasher first broke, I poured myself a cup of coffee the next morning and it tasted like dish water.  I tried another cup with the same results, so I knew I needed to try a more natural product so I've been using ULTRA DISHMATE dishwashing soap.  It only has 3 natural ingredients and it doesn't leave that disgusting bitter taste on our your dishes.  It's affordable, sudsy, smells amazing, all natural and works great.  Two thumbs up!

All natural dish soap - works great!



DIY SHAMPOO

I've noticed a lot of shampoos on Pinterest and since I'm always concerned about the nasty chemicals we rub into our scalps and let run down our bodies I decided to give this one a try.    Here's the recipe I used:

1/4 cup coconut milk
1/3 lavender castile soap
1 teaspoon olive oil

Mix and use a small amount each time you wash your hair.

DIY Shampoo



Despite a few injuries (Gus has a goose-egg on the back of his head and a bruise on his face) we had the best time ice skating last night.  We can't wait to go again.

Greta, Me and Gus - yes, he's n the process falling
Graham was at a birthday party


What's your latest DIY project??  Have you been skating lately? 


Thanks for reading,

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Let me know what you think of the shampoo. I liked it, but then after a month my hair started getting funky. :(

    ReplyDelete