Pinterest

Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Lights: Bentleyville and Hayward

The kids bring out the magic in Christmas - their natural sense of wonder and delight make ME enjoy the holidays more.  Our advent calendars have added to the excitement and over the weekend we toured the Bentleyville lights in Duluth and took in the Hayward, WI lights.  

Here's what to expect in Duluth:

1.  WALKING IN - AN AMAZING LIGHT SHOW
**have cash for the $5.00 parking


Greta, Gus, Greta's best friend along with their American Girl Dolls - Julie Albright
 
 
 
 
 


2.  FREE HOT COCOA AND COOKIES
 
 
 
Hot Chocolate for the girls
 
 
 
 
3.  MILLIONS OF LIGHTS AND MUSIC
 
 
Bentleyville Lights
 
 
 
3.  FREE POPCORN AND THEN A PLACE TO ROAST MARSHMALLOWS
 
 
Roasting Marshmallows
 
 
 
4.  Santa and Mrs. Clause
 
Santa and Mrs. Clause - the line was too long so we didn't wait to see them
 
 
 
5.  LOTS OF FUN
 
 
Bentleyville - Duluth, MN
 
 
 
 
Other than the fact that we lost 8 year old Gus for 1/2 an hour - the police finally brought him to me in the Family Room (OMG, I was so scared) -  we had a magical Christmas time.  He needs a leash (I'm half kidding).
 
HAYWARD LIGHTS SHOW
PICTURES BY PHOTOGRAPHER STEPHEN ROSS
 
Downtown Hayward - picture by Stephen Ross (thanks Stephen)
 
 
 
Shue's Pond in Hayward with music and dancing lights
Thanks Stephen Ross for the GREAT picture
 
Where do you like to go to look at Christmas lights?   Have you ever lost a child?  The other 2 kids always stick by my side but Gus is quick and it scares me.
 
Yum, yum - I just made the most delicious curry lentil soup and I can't wait to share and I haven't shared a recipe in over a week - I've been eating a lot of salads in an attempt to lose a few LBs.
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Kristin
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That looks so fun (minus losing Gus!!!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really fun weekend! I can't imagine how terrifying it was to lose Gus for a half hour.

    ReplyDelete