Pinterest

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Frane's Second Episode of Hoarders

Since I last blogged about my lack of organization and clutter (check out our first episode here), I've been inspired to make a few more changes:  I organized my freezer, worked on Greta's closet and continued to CLEAR OUT THE CLUTTER!  And trust me, there might be more blogs on this topic because I've got a long way to go.

FREEZER

After organizing my fridge, I knew I had to hit the freezer next.  When I went black Friday shopping in the Cities I was able to run into the Container Store to stock up on a system to organize my freezer - what a difference.  Because we have the bottom pull-out freezer EVERYTHING was dumped in a pile and I never knew what I had.  Now I have everything organized in clear Tupperware containers:  meat, frozen fruit, waffles / breakfast foods, and potatoes.  On the top tray I keep miscellaneous items - mostly pizza.

Before - Crazy Unorganized Freezer

Here's a video of the organized freezer:


  



GRETA'S CLOSET

After we turned one side of Greta's closet into the "Homework Hub" we lost a lot of storage space which meant we really needed to organize her clothes and toys.  The biggest help was the purchase of a shoe organizer from The Container store.

Greta's closet - Before



Greta's closet after



I'm picking one area per week to organize and it is working GREAT.  I love the feeling of knowing where I can find things and this little project is LONG overdue.  I'm pretty sure if Hoarder's needed participants I might be a candidate.  What project are you working on?    I should be working on Christmas, but there's time - right?

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment