Pinterest

Friday, December 14, 2012

My New Favorite Websites

I finally checked out three websites that I've been hearing a lot about and now I'm totally hooked.
Not only will these sites enhance your life (in my humble opinion) but they are totally FREE and at least worth checking out.

Here's my 3 new faves:

1.  INSTAGRAM:

Instagram is a free social media application you can use to doctor up your pictures and use like Facebook only without the advertisements.  Instagram is just a simple way to connect with your friends via photos.  I actually resisted Instagram only because when I saw the photo's on Facebook I really did not like that "old fashioned" look but now that I've played around I LOVE IT!!

Gus and Greta - pre-Instagram magic



Gus and Greta Instagram Style
This isn't the best example, but you get the idea


2.  SPOTIFY:

Spotify is another free application/website that is the best virtual radio station ever.  If you are in the mood for "Beautiful Day" by U2 for example, type it in and Spotify will suddenly be playing you the most amazing songs that you forgot you loved.  And it's awesome because my music tastes change daily, hourly or weekly - some days I'm in the mood for Top 40, some days Indie Rock and many days I prefer Metal (somehow I can't shake the '80's).  I've been using internet radio for awhile (iHeart Radio) mainly because I'm partial to KDWB morning show out the Cities, but after that I'm listening to Spotify in my car, at work, and at home.  Check it out - I'll think you'll love it.

My favorite song of all time is Closer to Fine by the Indigo Girls - here's the video if you wish:  Video - Closer to Fine.  I consider this the theme song of my '30's (if you listen to the lyrics - you'll totally get it) and now I'm looking for a new theme song for my '40's - I have some ideas but nothing has stuck yet.

3.  PIC MONKEY

Picmonkey.com is a fun photo editing site.  So, if you have a picture you like but someones eyes or closed, red, or you want to jazz it up with some awesome frames it's SUPER easy.

Gus, Graham and Greta - pre Picmonkey.com


The kids post Picmonkey.com



I'm looking forward to our family Christmas baking day tomorrow.    I have all the ingredients, the recipes, and some ideas and I can't wait!!  I'm planning on making the sugar cutout dough tonight because the longer it sits in the fridge (up to 48 hours) the better it tastes.

What's your favorite website?  Do you have a theme song for your life? 

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment