Pinterest

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Part Deux

Here's our Memorial Day in 5 pictures.  Despite the somewhat rainy weather, we had a great time!

Friday night:

Gus' baseball game - he is getting really good


Saturday night:

We waited in line for 30 minutes to see the Avengers - we missed the first 15 minutes!


Sunday a.m.:  Mini-Golf


Mini-Golf with Gus and Greta

Sunday p.m.:  Scheer's Lumberjack Show - if you ever get to Hayward, WI you must check out their show!



Gus is a future Lumberjack!  Here he is on stage cutting a log

These lumberjacks climbed 70 feet up these logs in 15 seconds
 

Monday:  we remember those who have served.

Memorial Day Service in Seeley - honoring Chad who is an Iraq Veteran of War



Finally, I leave you with an awesome and easy cheese recipe.  My friend Patrice gave me some of her goat milk, some garlic chives, and a recipe for goat cheese.  This is so awesome and so simple!!


EASY 10 MINUTE GOAT CHEESE

Ingredients:

1 quart goat's milk
2 Tablespoons vinegar
Flavor with what you have on hand:  garlic chives, dill, etc.

Bring goat's milk to a full boil.  Immediately take off heat.  Add vinegar.  Stir until the milk starts to clump.  Drain the milk / cheese mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer.  There's nothing better than fresh cheese and can you believe how simple it is?

Goat Cheese


Check out my previous Memorial Day blog at cookinginthemoment.blogspot.com  and while you are there think of following me via e-mail - I'm always looking for followers.   And, if you sign up today I'll send you my favorite fabric shopping bag or if you share my blog on facebook or twitter I'll send you my favorite all natural soap.   

 Happy Memorial Day, and thanks for reading.  What did you cook for Memorial Day?

Kristin

4 comments:

  1. I will be sharing, of course. I made a yummy apple salad yesterday with homemade cider vinegar and poppy seed dressing. SO REFRESHING in this steamy weather. Keep cooking, cousin! See you soon.
    xo
    Erinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Erinn! That sounds VERY good. I might ask you for that recipe when apples are ready around here. I'm just cutting the last of Grandma and Grandpa's rhubarb. Let me know if you want me to bring some to you when we visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful way to spend a long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz, I hope you had a great Memorial Day too! It's nice to stay close to home and hit the local attractions once in awhile :)

    ReplyDelete