Pinterest

Friday, September 23, 2011

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner

Thanks to a little inspiration, I decided to put myself out on a limb and enter a bake-off today and I won with this zucchini chocolate chip cookie recipe!   Thanks to my cousin Erinn for reminding me of this fabulous recipe from the book that literally changed my life, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. 



Zucchini Cookies

Awesome Zucchini Cookies!!


I LOVE pumpkin bread, and I always use the pulp from pie pumpkins.  More on that in a later blog, but today I made a great, moist, pumpkin bread. 


Pumpkin Bread



Pumpkin Bread

Last but not least, I learned that I am NO cake decorator.  Graham had to bring a 3D plant cell diagram so I thought it would be great to make a "plant cell cake."  Or not.



He did get an A minus, and Graham said his friends LOVED it, so I guess that's what counts!

Here's a look at the competition at the Fall Bake-Off.  No one was looking so I HAD to take some pics.


The competition


Wowser!  I wish I could claim that as my own!

Up next, CABBAGE!  I just had a great sweet and sour cabbage dish that I can't wait to share.

Red Cabbage


Here's a picture of a red cabbage right out of my garden today!!!  I have 3 more cabbages still in my garden, so I welcome any ideas.

Tomorrow I'm running my first trail 1/2 marathon.  Eeeek, I'm nervous!!  

Happy Cooking,

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. How do you find time to cook, work, run and be a mom? When you do the pumpkin thing, I want to see pictures of what you're talking about. I don't know what a "pie" pumpkin is. I assume the "pulp" is what we call the guts.

    ReplyDelete