Pinterest

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Seven Healthy Breakfasts to Start Your Day

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and also my favorite meal.  My breakfasts are less than 300 calories, contain some healthy fats and fiber to keep you full until lunch, and they all contain over 10 grams of protein.  And, the experts say breakfast is especially important if you are trying to lose weight.

Here's my 7 healthy breakfasts for every day of the week:

  • Monday, 1 cup of kefir with 1 cup of berries and 1 tablespoon of 3.6.9 flax oil / or flax seed
  • Tuesday, an egg sandwich consisting of an 100% whole grain English muffin, 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese and 1 egg from my neighbors farm.  300 calories, lots of protein and SUPER delicious
  • Wednesday, crockpot steel cut oats
  • Thursday, 1 apple, 1 ounce of cheddar cheese, 1 ounce of nuts - YUM!
  • Friday, Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with 1 cup of milk
  • Saturday, 1/2 grapefruit cut into wedges, 1 orange cut into wedges with 1 tablespoon of flax
  • Sunday, Baked Oatmeal with Berries

Fruit in my Grandma's Dishes


On occasion I will also eat Kristie's homemade granola or gogi berry flax seed oatmeal which I can only get at Weaver's located by my parents.

So, what do you eat for breakfast?  Or do you eat breakfast?

Egg Sandwich on my Grandma's Dishes - love my Grandma's salt and pepper shakers!


My weekend was so crazy.  Friday night I went to a fun birthday party and listened to a fantastic band, Saturday I saw my dad in the play 7 Brides for 7 Brothers (wonderful show) and today I took the kids shopping for their Easter outfits (success!).

What did you do this weekend?

Kristin


1 comment: