Pinterest

Friday, March 15, 2013

Back to the Blog

A month off from my blog seems to be just what the doctor ordered.  I was feeling incredibly pinched for time and eliminating my blogging habit for a month freed me up a bit!

Two pictures sum up the last month:

Birkie #3 Complete
My 3rd Birkie went very well.  At the half way point I was on track to have a PB, but it didn't end that way because of the super soft snow conditions.  I was skiing through about one foot of mashed potato type snow up almost every hill.  My left thigh cramped but honestly I felt FANTASTIC all day and I had fun.  What more could I ask for?

And finally, our trip to Florida was absolutely magical.  Throughout the week I remember feeling so full of love and happiness that I thought my heart could burst.



I guess that's why I need to start planning next year's vacation - the kids are growing up way too fast!!

FAMILY MEAL PLANNING

I haven't been cooking anything out of the ordinary since we implemented Family Meal Planning..  I can not begin to tell you how much this has simplified my life - wow.   My first full day back from Florida I fell ill (I blame the 7 days of crappy food) and I went to bed after work at 6 p.m.  Chad had to run into Hayward to pick up Graham from a ski field trip so Gus and Greta (age 8 and 7) were left to fend for themselves for 40 minutes because I was knocked out cold.  When Chad came home Gus and Greta made a complete supper on their own from beginning to end by following the meal plan - how awesome is that?

HOUSE ORGANIZATION PROJECT

My 2013 house organization project is also simplifying my life - nothing better than everything having a spot for everything.  For March I'm focusing on our living room, entry way hallway and finances.   I've been investing in various clear containers, labeling everything and trying to organize by categories - I love it!

FUTURE BLOGS

Sometimes I believe I need to change my blog name since cooking in the moment doesn't really fit anymore.  In fact my highest read blogs are consistently about books, working out, and organizing.  Isn't that funny?    So, I'll be blogging on those topics until the garden starts to produce.   

What has been keeping you busy?  What do you think I should re-name my blog?

Thanks for reading,

Kristin


2 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back, sounds like you had a wonderful winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Cooking in the Moment." I think it is the perfect name for a blog about that subject and I think it's OK to stick in other things in between.

    That is so cool about Gus & Greta making dinner with the meal plan!!! I understand what you mean about not having totally adventuresome meals, but doesn't it make each day SO much easier? You have all your ingredients, you don't have to hunt through the cupboards or recipe books. Everyone knows what's coming, so no complaining... I love it.

    ReplyDelete