Pinterest

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Project Organization - 2013

My 2013 Resolutions includes organizing our house room by room so by the end of the year I will have cleaned and organized every room, cupboard and closet.   My goal is to not only to tackle every single space in the room, but also to evaluate the paint job, fix anything that is broken, find a place for everything and my plan has kept me focused and not so overwhelmed. 

PROJECT ORGANIZATION TIMELINE:

January:  KITCHEN
February:  BATHROOM 1 and HALL CLOSET
March:  LIVING ROOM and ENTRY WAY CLOSET
April:   GRAHAM's ROOM
May:  GUS' ROOM and GUS' OFFICE
June:  GRETA's ROOM and SCREENED IN PORCH
July:  EXTRA BASEMENT BEDROOM
August:  LAUNDRY ROOM
September:  BATHROOM 2 and BASEMENT LIVING ROOM
October:  MASTER BEDROOM and BATHROOM 3
November:  HALL CLOSET IN BASEMENT
December:  For me this is the month to survive :) Lol.

JANUARY'S PROJECT:

I've been busy cleaning every single cupboard in the kitchen and I've been able to purge a ton of stuff.  In order to make the project manageable, I divided the kitchen into fours and tackled one section each weekend.  We have a few issues yet (stove has a glitch and we need a new dishwasher) and they may not be resolved until February but it's in the works.   In an attempt to eliminate plastic from our house, I've also ditched most of our Tupperware for glass quart jars which work just as well for storing almost everything.

The organized lazy susan - A before picture would've been embarrassing


UPDATE ON RESOLUTIONS

In addition to implementing the plan to organize the house,  I've successfully implemented my daily gratitude journal and our Family Meal Planning has been so extremely helpful - wow.  I forgot how much stress, money and time it saves to plan ahead!!!  Of course, I'm working on my ski goal which has been more difficult because we had a period where we lost snow and then when we got it back we had frigid temps.

OUR WEEKEND:

Our weekend consisted of skiing, skating, swimming, out to eat (Famous Dave's), skiing again and the movie Lincoln (fantastic) - in that order. 

My 2 favorite 2nd Graders LOVE Famous Dave's Corn Muffins


How was your weekend?  And how are you tackling your goals for 2013?

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

3 comments:

  1. You always impress me with your organization! I love how you tackle big projects and set big goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I definitely need to tackle organizing the house this year too.

    ReplyDelete