Pinterest

Friday, January 4, 2013

Tapping Away Your Troubles (EFT)

A few years ago Susan Bauer taught me how to use the Emotional Freedom Technique (aka tapping) to erase my anxieties, stresses and fears and I can honestly say it changed my life.  She taught me how to tap one morning at Ski and Tea and within a week I had tapped away all of the issues that had been weighing me down from my childhood all the way on up to my current problems.   EFT helped me reach a state of self-acceptance and to let go of baggage that had been weighing me down. 


STEP ONE:

Identify the problem and focus on one issue at a time.  If you are trying to focus on problem A and problem B pops into your head then you probably need to focus on problem B first.

STEP TWO:

Take your right hand (or vice versa) and tap the meaty part of your left hand by your pinkie repeatedly as you state your problem, followed by "I accept myself fully, and completely with love and compassion" or any affirmation that makes you feel good.

Here's a video of me showing step one and step two of the tapping process:

 


 
STEP THREE

Next you will want to tap on pressure points while focusing on the issue.  You may need to tap on those pressure points up to 3 times until you feel the issue release from your body (it's a strange sensation). 









Within a few minutes of tapping you should be able to successfully eliminate any issue.  I'd be happy to show anyone in person how to do this, but the real expert in this area is Susan Bauer, certified EFT trainer.   Message me if you'd like more details on how to contact Susan or I'd be happy to show you.

Here's a summary of the acupuncture points of the body:

Emotional Freedom Technique


When my kids see me tap on my hand they immediately say, "mom, what's wrong?" because they know it's my coping technique and I hope to teach them the technique some day. 

Thanks to Graham for video taping me without laughing or judgement (hey, he is 14 after all) and to Susan Bauer for teaching me this technique and re-affirming this practice again this morning.

What do you think?

Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment