Pinterest

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Oh how times have changed!   Once upon a time St. Patrick's Day meant green beer and Irish car bombs but now St. Patrick's Day is filled with leprechaun traps, cookies and jello and I'm oddly perfectly content.

So, to celebrate St. Pat's Day we started with lime jello - I simply made jello, and colored the marshmallows and whip cream with food coloring.  Delicious!

St. Patty's Day Jello in my grandma's dishes



Later we made these cookie ice cream sandwiches with green filling (peppermint ice cream)- they were a hit!!!

Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich on my Grandma's plate
 
 
 
My kids are such BELIEVERS and I love it.  Gus has placed many leprechaun traps around our property hoping to catch a leprechaun tonight!!
 
I'm trying to catch up on some reading and I rented the movie "Perks of Being a Wallflower" I hope to find time to watch.  Sounds like a pretty awesome night to me.  What are you doing for St. Patrick's Day?
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Kristin
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You are a great mom, Kristin. You do so much to make little things special for your kids. I love that.

    I just got a recommendation from a friend to read and watch Perks of Being a Wallflower. I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you like Perks of Being a Wallflower? Jim and I watched it a few weeks ago and liked it.

    ReplyDelete