Pinterest

Monday, April 30, 2012

Ginger

The health benefits of ginger are endless!
They have properties rich in anti-oxidants,
anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer; and provide natural remedies for numerous disorders - especially for stomach and digestion problems.


My favorite ginger recipe is Ginger Tea.   Yum, you'll love this warm or cold!

Ginger Tea

6 cups of water
1 inch strip of ginger peeled (but not grated)
1 inch lemon rind
1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
juice of one lemon
4 bags of green tea

Boil water, ginger, lemon rind, and honey for a 3 minutes.  Add juice from the lemon and bags of tea and let sit for 20 minutes.  Garnish with mint if desired.



Ginger Tea

Ginger Potatoes

4 large potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh ginger
1 green Chile
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 tomatoes
1 tablespoons curry

Boil potatoes for about 15 minutes until done.  Heat oil and add ginger, curry, green Chile, turmeric and cook for 2 minutes.  Add potatoes and salt and cook for 5 minutes.  Then add tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.  Add ham if desired.  This is sooooooooo good :)


Ginger Potatoes


PEANUT BUTTER GINGER NOODLES

1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 1/2 tablespoon ginger
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1 package of noodles (any kind will work, but I like spelt noodles)
Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
1/4 cup green onions
1/4 cup peanuts

Boil water and cook noodles until al dente.  Whisk all ingredients together and cook over medium heat until peanut butter is melted.  Add noodles and peanuts and you have a delicious meal.  Sometimes I skip the peanuts and add whatever vegetables I have on hand.  Add chicken if desired.   Make no mistake, this is DELISH!!!!



Peanut Noodles

There you have it, my favorite ginger recipes.  You can easily freeze ginger after it's been peeled it.   Once ginger is frozen, it's sooooo much easier to grate too. 

I bought some pears with the intention of making gingered pears and if I find the time to make it I might update my ginger blog.  But, I'm a little preoccupied with a good book, cuddle time with the kids, and watching Dancing With the Stars.   Yes, all at the same time.

What's your favorite ginger recipe? 

Thanks for reading,

Kristin 

1 comment:

  1. I have a Pad Thai recipe that uses ginger (and tofu!) that I just LOVE! It's still stuck on my old computer, but I'll get it to you ASAP. You'll LOVE it! Can't wait to try those noodles and tea.

    ReplyDelete