Pinterest

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Summary of the Cleanse

March is the PERFECT month for a proper body cleanse - mostly because the weather is variable and for me it's a "transition month" from winter activities to the warmer weather activities.

Here's a summary of my March cleanse:

-Participated in a detox yoga class (think AWESOME)
-Drank detox tea all month
-Kombucha with spirulina DAILY (super yum)
-Ate detox foods (such as kale smoothies and cabbage soup)
-Took all natural organic cleansing supplements
-Weekly Epsom salt baths
-Hot stone massage (ahhhhh)

THE GOOD RESULTS

So, as a result of the cleanse, I feel really great!  I did not lose more than a few pounds, but I do feel as if I was able to eliminate toxins from my body.    By the end of the month, I slept better, had a ton of energy, and noticed my eyes were brighter.  My only physical complaint (one I've lived with forever) is my need to pee more than the average person but after a month even that was better  - it musta' been something in the supplements. 


THE BAD

The supplements actually are meant to bind you up so your "business" eliminates everything from your intestinal walls, so my "business" went from daily to every other day which was hard to get used to.  I also developed a temporary rash on my hand which is a result of toxins releasing through my skin.    Gross, but if you are going to try the supplements you need to know (I wish I woulda' known).

I over-did it on the kale smoothies, so I do not see another one in my future - EVER.

My home-made kombucha recipe did not work out, but I'm not giving up!  I recently read that 2 tablespoons of raw, organic apple cidar mixed with water has the same affect as kombucha, so I'm going to give that a try.

WINNING RECIPE:

My FAVORITE cleansing breakfast though was quinoa with prunes:


CROCKPOT QUINOA:

1/3 cup quionoa
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of chopped prunes

Cook for 8 hours on low in the crockpot.  Optional:  add cinnamon, soy milk and steevia.  Delicious.


Crockpot Quinoa

I look forward to my next cleanse in the month of November (another transition month in terms of activities).

Has anyone else ever tried to cleanse the body of toxins?

Thanks for reading!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment