Pinterest

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Armpit Candy

Commercial deoderant has been suspected to be a contributing factor in breast cancer in women and alzheimers in both sexes, so why not consider a change?  Women shave the pits causing small cuts in the skin and then use deoderant containing all sorts of crazy chemicals including aluminum.   I had been using Kiss My Face organic deoderant for years which is reasonable and works although your pits still sweat.



Kiss My Face - works great for me


I ran out of Kiss My Face deoderant, and I was in the organic store, had just gotten paid, and decided to treat myself to some expensive organic deoderant.   That's right, I spent $7.50 on lavendar organic deoderant and  guess what, it did not work AT ALL!  The next day I put it on and when I went for a bike ride I stunk and had sweaty armpits. 


Jason Deoderant - does not work for me

After my experience with the expensive, all natural deoderant, I decided to try my own.  You will never believe this (I didn't) but giving myself a splash of baking soda under the arms works every time and a whole box costs less than a buck and it's perfect, because I can clean the sinks with the residue.  PLEASE TRY IT - baking soda under the arms!

But, being the occassional over-achiever, I needed to make some real deoderant, and it was suprisingly easy, cheap and works GREAT!!!

MIX
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup corn starch
Add 3 tablespoons coconut oil or more until the deoderant is a right consistency
Drops of essential oil (I had peppermint on hand)

Add to the empty deoderant container and you have an all natural deoderant that actually works!!!


I had such an awesome week.   Once a year I attend the Wisconsin Rehabilitation conference and always learn a lot and return refreshed.  I rode motorcycle with my friend Clark and thankfully his wife lent me her motorcycle gear - and what an adventure!! 



Motorcycle Ride to the Osthoff Resort



I was able to partake in some spa time and ate at some GREAT restaurants.  Here's some of my favorite eats:

Root Vegetable Soup and Bruschetta

Wood Fired Basil Tomato Pizza



If you ever get to Sheybogan, I HIGHLY recommend Il Ritrovo - the food is out of this world!  The ingredients that do not come from Italy are locally grown and organic.  I can't wait to get back (next year).

And, since I wasn't able to run outside with my friends, I used the dreadmill and actually enjoyed it because I did some speed work which actually made the experience rather fun (OMG, did I just say I had fun on the dreadmill?)

I digress, now if you use el cheapo, chemically-filled deoderant, I hope you'll give it a second thought.  At least give the baking soda under the arms a try.   Does anyone else have any tricks for a natural deoderant?

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment