Pinterest

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Zucchini, Yum!!!

Every time I turn the corner I seem to be presented with a zucchini. Lucky me! I love zucchini!

First off, I made a great Zucchini Fritter for breakfast this week.  Not everyone is keen on trying zucchini fritters for breakfast, so I just call them fritters.

Zucchini Fritters

Here's the recipe:
Zucchini Fritters
Delish!!  I LOVED these.  Only 67 calories a piece and a great way to serve up your zucchini.

Next up, I made some healthy zucchini lemon muffins.  Long story, but I made them for my running friends but ended up serving them to a whole crew of people.  Hopefully they were good!!


Zucchini Muffins



Healthy Zucchini Muffins

I used whole wheat flour, and there's hardly any sugar or oil in this recipe so I know they are healthy.  But, are the good?  I'll have to make them again to find out!!

My dad made a special request for zucchini hummus again (since I was BRAGGING it up), so I whipped some up for him quick.

Zucchini Hummus


Zucchini Hummus

This recipe is a real winner, so I had to include it again.

Next up, I tried a Zucchini Hotdish.  Now I'm not going to lie, it was o.k., but not fantastic.


Zucchini Feta Pasta


Here's the recipe:

Zucchini Feta Pasta
  • 1 zucchini, chopped thin
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4t. salt
  • 2T. olive oil
  • 1lb. pasta of your choice (we used soba noodles)
  • feta cheese
  • salt to taste
Saute the zucchini, onion, garlic, salt, and olive oil together over medium heat until zucchini is browned.  Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to directions.  Drain the pasta and return to pot.  Add in the zucchini mixture and toss well to combine.  Top with feta cheese and toss well again.  Salt to taste.  Serves 4.


Last but not least, I need to include my fabulous Zucchini Bread.  You can't go wrong with this recipe....yum, yum!!!


Zucchini Bread

Here's the recipe:  Zucchini Bread
We had an awesome day canoeing with my brother and his family yesterday.  We borrowed canoes from our neighbors down the road (that's where the picture is taken).  Brock got ALL the kids in his canoe and Graham and I got the canoe with the leak.  I'm not sure which was worse - HA!  At least it was a beautiful day!!


Canoe Trip


Until next time,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment