Pinterest

Sunday, August 7, 2011

More Blueberries!

We've gone through another 10 pounds of blueberries this week.  Luckily, my friends at Bashaw Valley are still keeping us supplied as well as my friend Heather at Mary's Sunday Morning Orchard.

First up, I made a fantastic Blueberry Puff Pastry pictured in my Grandma's dishes.  When I took these dishes out of my cupboard I noticed a $1.00 sticker, so they must've been marked to sell at my Grandma's estate sale.  I'm glad I was able to snag the set. 

Blueberry Puff Pastry


I bought the Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells, baked them and added the following on top:

5 oz. of cream cheese
3 T powdered sugar
3/4 cup cool whip
3/4 tsp. vanilla
Mix together and add on top of puff pastry

Next I added some of my strawberry jam and topped with blueberries.  These were a real hit in the house and were gone instantly.  I called them my post Firehouse 50 treat (more on that later).


Next up, we made an awesome Blueberry Cobbler for our day out on Round Lake with our friends the Connells.


Blueberry Cobbler

Click on the link for the recipe.  The cobbler is sitting in my grandma's dish, on the cooler on the pontoon.  I was hoping for a shot of the kids eating the yummy dessert, but we were too busy having FUN!!

This morning I made some refreshing blueberry soup!

Blueberry Soup

The soup was very good!


Next I made my Grandma Evelyn inspired Blueberry Trifle


Grandma's Blueberry Trifle

I actually brought this to Rowley's Whine and Dine post bike race party and it was a hit.

I layered angel food cake, white chocolate pudding and blueberries (I had a few raspberries too).  On the top I added Cool Whip and then more berries. 

Last but not least, I made Blueberry Lemon Cookies.  The cookies tasted great, but they were as flat as pancakes. They must've been good though, because they were gone within hours.


Blueberry Lemon Cookies


The kids are really getting into my blog, so this morning when I stepped away to the garden Gus and Greta arranged some of my food and snapped a picture for me.  They were so excited that it might be in Mom's blog, so here it is:


Gus and Greta's interpretation of mom's cooking blog

I've had the most AMAZING week.  Wednesday night we had a great book club out on Round Lake on a perfect night.  Friday we went back to the Connell's on Round Lake with the kids.  The kids had a great time frollicking in the water, and the mom's decided to dig up clay and have a mini-spa hour.   Ohhhh, my skin felt so good afterwards.  What a great day!!!


Jeannine, Me and Sooz at Round Lake Day Spa :)

Saturday, I completed the 50 mile bike race I've been training for...I had the absolute best time ever and plan on doing it again next year.  Here we are at the finish:


Post 50 Mile Finish

Today was spent harvesting produce from our garden, picking berries along the roadsides, and swimming at Silverthorn beach.  Here's what we harvested today:


Produce from the Frane garden today.


Most of the produce is consumed before we get in the house or shortly thereafter, but I'm just happy my kids are enjoying their vegetables.  This is my first garden and I'm so loving it.  I try to get out there twice a day and I feel so peaceful when I'm there.  Life is good.

Kristin






No comments:

Post a Comment