Pinterest

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Washington DC - Part Two

My last few days in DC were glorious -   I can't wait to bring my kids to this ahhh-mazing city.

Day three I attended conferences all day and that night I visited the Ford Theatre, the Spy Museum, and I went shopping in Chinatown.  By the time I stopped to eat at my favorite Cuban restuarant I was ravenous.  Here's the squash red pepper bake with fresh herbs on top - this was out of this world!

Cuban Squash Dish - Amesome!


The next morning I headed to the U.S. Supreme Court as the Affordable Care Act was being deliberated.  As the decision was handed down chaos ensued.  Wowser.  I have some video of people in suits laying on the ground reading bibles, people screaming, hollering, crying, cheering - peeps were WORKED UP. 



Outside the U.S. Supreme Court



Afterwards, I toured the U.S. Capitol and the Library of Congress (awesome), BUT I got locked into the Library of Congress because of a security threat.  A security guard helped me find one side door that was left open (whew).

Later that night (after more conferences), I decided to rent a bike and ride 16 miles into DC to check out the city via bike.  Nevermind the fact that it was almost 100 degrees and I didn't know where I was going.  Once I got into DC, I found myself in Georgetown, riding right in the streets of DC traffic with no helmet and I was beyond hot, so I quickly flagged down a bus with a bike rack and loaded not knowing or caring where I was going.    Eventually, I made it to Whole Foods at Foggy Bottom and took the subway back home.  It was an experience!

Biking the streets of DC

And the last day, I spent a total of 15 hours in airports.  What joy! 

What did I miss, have you ever toured anything cool in DC that I haven't seen yet?

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment