Pinterest

Friday, October 7, 2011

Three Simple Pumpkin Recipes

Pie pumpkins are so awesome!  They look great around the house before you bake them, and they are delicious!!   

To prepare pie pumpkins, I cut them in half and place them on a cookie sheet.  Scoop out the seeds, add 1 cup of water and bake at 350 for 1 hour.  The pulp scoops right out and it's easy to freeze.






For some reason, I was only able to add 20 seconds of  video, but you'll get idea.  I love to fool around with technology, but I never make it the full distance.  And for the record, I'm still grieving over Steve Jobs.  Bummer.

This week I have three pumpkin recipes:  pumpkin bars, pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread.

Who doesn't LOVE pumpkin bars.  Oh my, these are sooooooooooooooooo good! I'm embarrassed to admit that I had to try not one, but two to make sure they were good.  Yes, they were good.

Pumpkin Bars


Pumpkin Bars


Next up, I made pumpkin pie.


Pumpkin Pie






Pumpkin Pie





And last but not least, but standby Pumpkin Bread recipe.  This is sooo good and gets better as it ages.  I make this a ton because everyone loves it for an "on-the-go" breakfast before work or school.

Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin Bread


Loving this weather!  I'm still able to blog in my screened in porch.

Thanks for reading,

Kristin :)

1 comment: