Pinterest

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mr. Cranberry, Meet Mr. Pumpkin

Just when I think I'll be short on ideas, I have a FLOOD of inspiration.  I love it!!   This weekend I made an out-of-this-world cranberry salsa, pumpkin curry soup, and I was able to combine pumpkin and cranberry and make a great pumpkin cranberry bread!

Here's the cranberry salsa recipe:  Cranberry Salsa

I brought this to our neighbors house for a bon fire last night, and I heard Stu say, "this is good, I don't really like cranberries, but this is good."  That's what I like to hear!   Not only is this SUPER good, it's SUPER easy!


Cranberry Salsa


This is taken on my Grandma's platter, but I'm adding to my wish list a salsa and chip dish.  I make a ton of salsa, and I'm always improvising on the dish.   Another must have..

Thanks to my cousin Erinn for the idea of Pumpkin Curry.  Who doesn't love curry, and I certainly LOVE pumpkin, so I had to give this a try.  And, it's super simple!  I had just baked pumpkins yesterday with the intention of freezing the pulp, so I had the pumpkin ready to go (which made this super simple). And it's so good!

Here's the recipe:  Pumpkin Curry


Pumpkin Curry Soup


And, this recipe inspiration came from the website Pinterest.  If you haven't joined this website, I would encourage you to leave my blog NOW and sign up.  It's the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Last but not least, I was able to combine pumpkins and cranberries to make cranberry bread.  Here's the link:  Pumpkin Cranberry Bread

I added walnuts to the bread, because I love nuts in my bread, and it baked 13 minutes longer than the recipe stated.  Everyone LOVED this bread, including my children.  That's a good thing.


Cranberry Pumpkin Bread

And now I'm preparing for a "blog-cation" as I prepare for a "work-cation".   No cooking, no cleaning, no car-pooling, no laundry, dang I'm so disappointed that I need to leave (ha!).

I also need to get back to my kids, they are making a gingerbread haunted mess or a gingerbread haunted house, depending on how you look at it.


Gus making his haunted mess

Happy Cooking,



Another Haunted Mess


Kristin
(Go Packers!)

1 comment:

  1. Go Packers! I'm so excited the pumpkin curry turned out good. I really want to try it, but I don't even know how to prepare a pumpkin.... wait. Didn't I see you blog on that once? I love your blog. :) Have fun on your work-cation. Meanwhile, I am making a recipe notebook because my recipes are out of control!

    ReplyDelete