Pinterest

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

More Squash

Here starts my third squash blog in a month and I still have a ton left.  After this week, I plan on steaming what's left and freezing it.  We're getting squashed out!  But squash is so good for us, because each squash is  full of carotenes which offer protection against cancer, heart disease and diabetes.

Here's Penne Squash with Greens recipe.  I had some more swiss chard to use up, so this was perfect:




Penne with Braised Squash and Greens

I loved this recipe, yum, yum!  I found this tablecloth today at Ventures Thrift Shope, isn't it pretty?

Penne with Braised Squash and Greens



Kathy Greschner shared some spaghetti squash with me, so I had to try Spaghetti Squash Parmesan.


Spaghetti Squash Parmesan


Spaghetti Squash Parmesan

I only took one picture with my phone (I was crunched for time), but I assure you that it's super good!!


Up next:  Squash Macaroni and Cheese!

Chad and I both LOVED this recipe (he did not even ask if there was squash in it), but since I used 100% whole grain gluen-free noodles, the kids turned up their little noses.  Here's the recipe I used:  

Squash Macaroni and Cheese


Squash Mac and Cheese


Squash Mac and Cheese


I'd recommend this recipe!
Since I'm all-squashed out, I'm super excited for my Cranberry Bog, I mean Blog!   

Thanks for reading!
Kristin












2 comments:

  1. Ooh. I'm glad the Mac & Cheese turned out. I'm going to give it a try this week. HA! Bog/Blog. Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these recipes! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete