Pinterest

Sunday, October 16, 2011

More Pumpkin Recipes

Mmmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmm, I love anything pumpkin.  This week I made a Pumpkin Spice cake that was easy and looked beautiful!   Everyone loved it!

Pumpkin Spice Cake - pictured on my Grandma Evelyn's platter


Here's the recipe:

PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg.

Heat oven to 350.  Beat butter, sugar and eggs. Add buttermilk, pumpkin and vanilla.  Combine flour baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir into batter.  Pour batter into prepared bunt cake pan.  Bake for 30 minutes.  I then added white frosting (1 cup powdered sugar, 3 T of milk). 

I LOVE it when I have a recipe where I can use my Grandma's old Cuisinart mixer - 65 years old and still works great!

Next I experimented with some pumpkin waffles.  I'm not going to lie, they weren't that great so I won't bother with the recipe.


Pumpkin Waffles - on my Grandma's platter and with her butter dish



I got the idea for Banana Pumpkin Bread from my sister-in-law Tracy.  This recipe is fantastic!



Here's the recipe:  Pumpkin Banana Bread

My friend Kara Breitenfeld lives on a cranberry marsh so she had some cranberries to share (how lucky) but I'm not sure what to do with them all.  Any ideas?


Got Cranberries?  I do!

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment