Pinterest

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yummy Smoothies

Below you will find two of my favorite smoothies:  pumpkin and fruit smoothie - both delicious.

My smoothie of the moment is the pumpkin smoothie.   About a month ago, I canned a ton of pumpkin, so I was happy to find a simple way to consume this healthy vegetable.

1.     PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE

1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 T stevia (or more if you like it sweet)
1/2 T cinnamon
1 t nutmeg

Blend and enjoy!  My daughter thinks these taste like a pumpkin pie blizzard - can you say kid friendly!  The key is to get it sweet enough so the vegetable taste isn't quite so overpowering.


Pumpkin Smoothies - pictured in my Grandma's dishes



My stand-by smoothie recipe this fruit recipe that I've had every week for about 3 years.

FRUIT SMOOTHIE

1 cup blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or whatever you have (I still have some in our freezer from this summers harvest)
1 cup Kefir
1 tablespoon flaxseed (I alternative between the 3:6:9 flax oil and the actual ground seeds)

Combine and enjoy.  This is by far my favorite and Kefir is a great probiotic and here you can find the health benefits of kefir.


Blueberry Smoothie - taken this summer in my Grandma's dishes featuring her vase (she loved flowers)



I'm away for work again - first Mineral Point, WI and now Fort Atkinson, WI - both places I've never been.  Since I'm sidelined from exercise for another week, I've really enjoyed light exercise in the pool.    But, in reality I'm missing my kids.  FaceTime helps, but there's nothing like cuddling up to my family after work.

And, in case you missed you - please check out my three tips for healthy eating.  Just by organizing my fridge we've had better luck choosing healthier foods:  Three Tips for Healthier Eating

I know there's hundred of smoothie recipes, but these are topping my list lately.  What's your favorite smoothie recipe or ingredients?

Thanks for reading!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment