Pinterest

Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Favorite Things

I have discovered a 5 new products that I want to share with you before you hit the Black Friday sales.

1.   Mr. Tweezerman Tweezers - Best $20 Ever Spent

These little tweezers are a bit on the spendy side, but I can not even begin to tell you the difference between a $20 pair of tweezers and the 10 other pair of $2 tweezers that I have laying around.  OMG, you just can't believe it and I think I'm going to save money on wax because I can actually tweeze with great results.  Love it.


Hey, it's hard to take a picture while tweezing - Graham and I were laughing hysterically


2.  Physicians Formula Organic Make-up - $10 to $15

I've been wanting to switch over all of my make-up to a mineral based organic make-up because I know that 60% of what I put on my skin becomes absorbed into my blood stream.  It's taken me about 6 months, but I've finally made the switch and I'm extremely happy with the Physicians Formula make-up line.  You can find it at Walmart or Target, it's reasonably priced,  it works great, and you can be sure that you are not adding harmful chemicals into your body.

Physicians Formula Organic Makeup



3.  Swell Gal Products - $10 to $15

My friend Kristie Weber makes her own skin care products and I've used nothing but her products on my skin since she started her own business a few years ago.  Her products are all natural, hand crafed and my skin has never felt so great.  Before switching to her all natural products, I had eczema and dry skin and which never returned.  Swell Gal Products can be purchased from Swell Gal Products or at any Ventures Unlimited locations.

Swell Gal Creme


4.  Norwax Facial Cloth - $10

My friend Colleen gave me Norwax wash cloth for my birthday and I absolutely love it.  I can wash my face at night without using any chemicals AND it's great for removing eye make-up.  Apparently, crystals in the washcloth make it possible to completely clean your face without chemicals.

5.  Norwax Window Washing Kit - Best $30 Ever Spent

Even more exciting is the window washing kit.  You do not need chemicals - you just rinse the cloth, wipe down the window, and dry it.  Usually, I hate washing windows and most of the time they look horrible but with these cloths I actually do not mind washing windows and even I can get them perfect.  The cloths work great on stainless steel and mirrors too.

Outside washing windows as Gus took a picture

My goal is to buy as many products locally as possible - we live in a small community with many unique businesses - where else can you buy fishing lures and dill pickle popcorn from the popcorn store all on the same block?


What do you want for Christmas?  Besides duct tape (that's the only thing on her list), my dear Greta would like the following for Christmas:




What is your new favorite product?  Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for reading,

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I need to have a Norwax party. If you ever have one, invite me! I love those face cloths, but I need more than one and I'd like to try the window washing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a Norwax party invite me! Someone at work just had a booking party and told me about the window washing kit and I LOVE it! The wash cloth was a gift and I can't believe how soft it makes my skin. I need another one too :)

    ReplyDelete