Pinterest

Monday, September 10, 2012

Go Pack Go!

Sunday was the day I've been waiting for - the official kickoff of the NFL season.  Lucky for me a mystery someone dropped off tickets for me on my birthday.  Well, he had no idea it was my birthday and I paid for them, but seriously I thought it was the best gift ever - next to my duct tape flip flops of course.   My cousin Erinn, my son Graham and my cousin's son headed to the game yesterday bright and early and arrived just in time for some tailgate action.


Tailgate:  brats,  green and gold veggies, cheese curds, and Packer jello
I brought a piece of my Grandma with me:  jello and veggies are being served in her dishes.


While I'd love to pretend that I had the perfect tailgate party organized, I'd be lying.  But hey, my Packer jello was a hit and delicious and the green and gold veggies from my garden were actually devoured so it wasn't a total fail.  I just had grilling problems but next time I'll do better - we all learn from our mistakes, right? 

Here's the recipe for my Packer jello:

INGREDIENTS
Green Jello
Yellow Jello
Plain Gelatin
1 cup of water
8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces whipping cream
4 tablespoons of sugar

Make green jello and let sit for 2 hours.   Add packet of plain / clear gelatin to 1 cup of water and let sit for 1 minutes.  Add whipping cream and sugar and heat on low until sugar is dissolved.  Once cool, add sour cream and add on to the next layer.  Let cool for 2 hours and make the yellow jello and add to the top.


Look who came to visit us during tailgating:  Willie Buchanon from the 77-81 Packers and Micheal Butler from the '82 Packers.   


Me, Willie Buchanon, Owen (in front), Graham and my cousin Erinn





Me, Micheal Butler (82 Packer) and Graham



Whew!  What a L-O-N-G day.  But, we were able to see the '49er's make a record setting field goal (boo!) AND we had a great time bonding with family.  Now, I'm praying the Packers can pull it off this Thursday against the Bears.  No tailgating party this Thursday because I'm pretty sure I might still be tired (ha!).

The question of the day though: why didn't Donald Driver play?  Rumor has it he may be on the trading block but I HOPE NOT!!
 
Oh Donald, I hope you can stick around!
 
 

I've been dying to share with you this fabulous 4 ingredient quinoa recipe:

Zucchini Quinoa

1 cup quinoa
1 3/4 cup broth
1 zucchini
1 cup cheddar

Make 1 cup of quinoa per directions only replace water with chicken or vegetable broth.  When quinoa is done, add shredded zucchini and 1 cup of cheddar.  Use salt and pepper to taste.

This took me 15 minutes and I LOVED it :)


Zucchini Quinoa - I placed this on top of my daily harvest



What's your favorite tailgate food?

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. You are so on top of things! My goal is to be caught up by October. Thanks so much for letting us join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming along! What a fun and beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete