Pinterest

Friday, June 22, 2012

Easy, Fun, Summer-time Drinks

Most of us have certain summer drinks we look forward to revisiting each year -- drinks that epitomize the sensation of summer. Below you will find my favorite summer-time drinks.

My go-to drink this summer has been Iced Tea:

Boil water and add tea bag to 2 cups of water (I've been using mason jars).  I add 3 mint leaves, spearmint leaves, and stevia leaves from my herb garden plus a lemon wedge and brew for 2 days.  After 2 days of brewing, I've had the best tasting iced tea ever.  LOVE this :)

Iced Green Tea - Delicious Every Time!


Next up, Strawberry Mint Champagne:

Boil 2 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar (I used Xilitol and Stevia) until sugar is dissolved.  Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and allow time to cool.  After cool, add 2 cups of chopped strawberries.  Chill for 2 hours and stir every 20 minutes.  Place 1/4 cup of strawberries in the bottom of a glass and top with strawberry champagne.  Yum!

Strawberry Mint Champagne - in the right hand corner
I was on a book club pontoon float - forgive me for the poor picture


Cold Pressed Iced Coffee


Add desired amount of coffee grounds to the bottom of a coffee press, add boiling water but do not press the plunger.  Leave the press in the fridge for 2 days, plunge and serve over ice, cream or milk and sweetener.  In my opinion, this is just as good as any Iced Coffee at any coffee shop.  I look forward to this every morning.

Iced Coffee - I look forward to waking up so I can start my day with this delicious drink


Last but not least:  Strawberry Mojitos

Here's the recipe I like to use:  Strawberry Mojito

Strawberry Mojito


This week, I had to slow down on my blog because I've been crazy busy with work and the kid's crazy schedules.  But, we did manage to see Madagascar 3D on a rainy day (awesome), we marked "Musky Fest" carny rides off our 2012 Summer Bucket List, we enjoyed a few trips to Silverthorn Beach, AND we finally were able to pick strawberries at my friend Heather Harrington's patch.     

Picking strawberries at Mary's Orchard in Seeley


I can honestly say that I can not eat another strawberry.  This week I purchased some asparagus with the intention of pickling them, but it doesn't like that will happen.

Tonight I'm packing!  I'm off to Washington DC for the week and the kids each have something great going on (2 of them at camp), so I'm leaving guilt-free.  No cooking, cleaning, or chasing kids for 5 glorious days.

What's your favorite summer drink?



No comments:

Post a Comment