Pinterest

Sunday, June 23, 2013

More Asparagus

The asparagus season will be done by the end of this week, but luckily we pickled asparagus (recipe here) that we'll be able to enjoy this winter.  This week we tried a few new delicious asparagus recipes including asparagus hummus and asparagus egg frittata.
 
 
 
Hummus and Veggies on my Grandma's platter


I just read a book that I found enlightening and frightening called Sugar, Salt and Fat.  In the book you learn quickly that every food that is not whole or home-made basically contains crap ingredients (with a few exceptions) - even HUMMUS.  Now, I am a hummus freak and was shocked that the brand of hummus I've been eating for years contains GMO's (genetically modified organisms) so I'm determined to start making my own with in-season ingredients and you can find this recipe here.



Asparagus Frittata on my Grandma's dishes

This picture does not do this frittata justice, but it was quite delicious and the leftovers were even better.  Both times I covered this delicious egg bake with my home-made salsa (yum, yum).

ASPARAGUS FRITTATA

Garlic
Onion
Salt and Pepper
3 eggs
1/2 pound asparagus
3 large eggs
1/3 cup cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  Saute onion and garlic until onion is clear.   Add asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes and add eggs.  Cook until the eggs are almost done, add salt and pepper, cheese and cook in the oven until the cheese is melted.  Delicious.


 
 
 
Greta's Room after a major purge session


We're still on track with  2013 Project Organization and this month we re-organized Greta's room.  I had a before pic (OMG) but it magically disappeared.  The other great thing is that I was almost out of items to sell on Ebay and by going through her room I discovered many items to sell and to donate. 


What's your favorite asparagus recipe?  If I get a chance, I hope to try another asparagus soup but I'm losing out on my window of opportunity.  I planted 13 asparagus plants though this Spring and they are thriving - I'm so happy.

Happy Sunday,

Kristin
 

1 comment:

  1. It's been a treat to be part of this whole marathon training thing!!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete