Pinterest

Monday, July 1, 2013

Bi-Monthly Book Review

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”    Doesn't this quote sum it up?  I'm not sure who wrote it but I love it.

Below you will find the books I've read over the past 2 months - 1 is the lowest score and 5 is the highest.

Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn - 5 stars
Very entertaining mystery with a psychological twist.  Highly recommend.

Women, Food and God, Geneen Roth - 2 stars
Non-fiction read on how to connect to your true hunger. 

Night Circus, Erin Morgenstein - 2 stars
Two lovestruck magicians are engaged in a night time circus.  For some reason I didn't love this book.

The Woodcutter, Reginald Hill - 3 1/2 stars
A very interesting novel about a man, the woodcutter, and his adventures.  Very good book but it took me a full month to finish it (kinda' long).

Sugar, Salt and Fat, Micheal Moss - 4 stars
A non-fiction book about how the food giants add sugar, salt and fat to make us eat more (hence, buy more).

Brotherhood, Deepak and Sanjiv Chopra - 1/2 star
True story about Deepak and his brother Sanjiiv growing up in India but I did not care for the writing.

Let's Pretend This Never Happened, Jenny Lawson -5 stars
A mostly true story about this quirky, hilarious blogger - LOVE!  Warning though - she swears a lot so I'd skip this book if that bothers you.

I haven't been blogging much because I've been spending all my time preparing for Graham's confirmation party, watching the boy's baseball games, gardening and work. 

Our Family Picture at Graham's confirmation - poor Gus is getting squished!


That's it for my review:  I'd run out and read Gone Girl and Let's Pretend This Never Happened if I were you!

What book are you reading?  I'd love to hear.

Thanks,

Kristin



1 comment: