Pinterest

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Electrolyte Replacers

I hadn't had a physical for quite some time, but after 4 years I dragged myself in partly because I've been having both dizzy spells almost daily for 6 months.  Part of me figured it was dehydration or else denial that my eyes are less than 20/20.   Low and behold I discovered I have low blood pressure which is resulting in my dizziness.  In order to change this, my doctor instructed me to drink an electrolyte replacer daily since I'm working out almost daily as I just blogged about here:    summer workout routine.
Even though my doctor recommended G2 (Gatorade with less calories), I'm still resisting.  Yes, I did buy some to try and increase my blood pressure quickly so I can stop the dizziness (it's scary when you are driving).  But, I purchased Nuun which is a tablet that you add to water, zero calories, all natural, tasty and does the job (thank Stacey for the tip). 




And I started making my own electrolyte replacer.

Electrolyte Replacer:

Ingredients
1 liter of water
1/2 tsp of baking soda
2 tbsp of agave nectar
1/2 tbsp of sea salt

Directions
Combine all ingredients in water bottle and sip during workout as needed.






So, lesson learned this week - replace those electrolytes.

What's your favorite electrolyte replacer?

I've been down and out with the shingles again too.  Part of my issue is that I haven't slept well since about January - every time I enter REM sleep a nightmare wakes me up (the same nightmare that I am trapped).  Truth be told this has taken it's toll on my physical health because I can not seem to get myself back even after my third round of antibiotics.  This week I've cut out everything unimportant - you know Facebook, Twitter, my blog, deep cleaning, laundry, t.v. and I've focused only on what's necessary just to function in this world.  I'm hoping by cutting out the extra stress I'll be able to heal myself.    Cross your fingers that it's soon because I'm not very patient.


Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Sending positive thoughts your way, missed you today and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete