Pinterest

Friday, August 17, 2012

My Zucchini Favorites

As I indicated in my last post (Zen and Zucchini), I love zucchini because of the mild taste extreme versatility.  If you are interested, here's 35 ways to cook up zucchini:  35 Zucchini Recipes

Here's my favorite zucchini recipes.  First off, I love this zucchini boat recipe:  Zucchini Boats

Zucchini Boats on my Grandma's Platter

Last year, I entered a baking contest with my zucchini chocolate chip cookies - these are super moist and super delicious!  Yum!!

ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 egg, beaten
½ cup butter
softened
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Combine in large bowl.
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
Combine in a separate, small bowl and blend into liquid mixture
1 cup finely shredded zucchini
12 oz chocolate chips
Stir these into other ingredients, mix well. Drop by spoonful onto greased baking sheet, and flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350°, 10 to 15 minutes.




I also love Zucchini Fritters!


Ingredients:

2 small zucchinis, salt, pepper, onions or scallions, parsley and dill, 1 egg, 3/4 cup Parmesan and 1/4 cup flour

Directions

Grate 2 small zucchini into a colander in the sink; toss with 2 teaspoons salt and let sit 10 minutes. Squeeze out the liquid. Mix with 4 minced scallions, 1/4 cup each chopped parsley and dill, 1 beaten egg, 3/4 cup grated Parmesan and 1/4 cup flour. Pan-fry spoonfuls of the mixture in olive oil, flattening with a spatula, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and season with salt.

Zucchini Fritters on my Grandma's Platter

We have been slow on our bucket list because Graham went on a school trip to NYC and Gus and Greta were in the play Oklahoma (cutest.thing.ever).

Greta in the middle with her friend Sophie on the right



And now that the play is done and Graham is back from his trip, we are trying to finish off the last of our Summer Bucket List.    Here we are last night at the Sawyer County Fair (part of the bucket list):

A chilly but fun night at the Sawyer County Fair

I'm fairly certain I'm done blogging about zucchini!!  Thanks for reading!
What do you have left on your summer bucket list?  Time to wrap it up - the fall weather is already here!

Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment