Pinterest

Friday, November 4, 2011

All Hummus!!!

If you ask me, hummus is the B-E-S-T snack on the planet.  Healthy, a good source of protein, a great dip for veggies and chips, and ooooooh so yummy, you will always find this snack in the Frane fridge.

One thing I've learned this year is that hummus is always made with chick peas, cumin and tahini, but you can throw in ANY in-season vegetable to change it up.  My friend Susan Buchman gave me this delicious pumpkin hummus recipe at our Ski and Tea workout this morning, and it's super GOOD!

Pumpkin Hummus

Susan Buchman's Pumpkin Hummus

2 T Tahini (ground sesame seeds, most stores carry)
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tsp olive oi
salt and red pepper
1 1/2 cup pumpkin
1 garlic clove
2 tsp. parsley

Add to a blender and walllaaaah, you have an awesome, healthy snack!!


And, this week I made some broccoli hummus with some late season broccoli.


Broccoli Hummus



And, I still dream of the happy days of the purple cauliflower and zucchini hummus from this summer.Mmmmmmmm, good.



Zucchini Hummus

Click on the colored link for the recipe

What a busy week.  In the first 3 days of the week, I worked 45 hours and top if off with Trick or Treating and the play Hairspray at Chanhassan, and I'm still spinning.  But, I have lots of ideas buzzing for my next blog (in fact I was dreaming of ideas).  So, more to come......


Happy Halloween


Happy Cooking,

Kristin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment