Pinterest

Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Ups and Downs of September

Since I was slow to blog in September, I decided to summarize the month in pictures.

My birthday was quiet but the biggest and best surprise of all was my Grandma's recipe boxes AND Grandma's recipes from my Aunt Paula - what a wonderful surprise.

My Grandma's Recipe Boxes
Notice the first recipe is "Pigeon Church Lefse" - YUM!



The first day of school was really rough for everyone.  Here's the actual pictures which I never dared to share on Facebook when everyone else's kids looked so dang happy.




Graham's first day of high school - no chance he'd smile for me


Mom, no pictures today please
Notice, no picture of Gus - he was the one who would've smiled for me!

In their defense, the kids were moving into a new school and I know for a fact they were nervous. 

But, by the 3rd day of school we got everything figured out again:

The 3 G's - ready for school!



Graham started the football season off with a bang and did a FANTASTIC job on offense and defense and we LOVED watching him play.




Then he broke his arm playing football and will be in a cast until mid-December.



We went camping at Twin Lakes Campground in Drummond (OMG, beautiful) and had a great time except our tent collapsed during a rain storm one night and we had to head home in the middle of the night.  Good thing we were close to home.




Our tent collapsed as we were trying to sleep.  Too funny.

My cousin and I saw the ABSOLUTELY amazing band the Indigo Girls at the Big Tent.  There's something magical about Big Top Chautaqua in Bayfield and I can't wait to go back next year.  And the Indigo Girls just rocked the house.  AMAZING!!!

Erinn and I pre-concert - catching up by Lake Superior
I'm so lucky to have such an awesome cousin!


I finished my first marathon!!!!  Read about my marathon here.

26.2 - done!



Gus won a hula hoop contest at Fall Fest in Hayward.

Hula Hoop winner!  We do not even own a hula hoop but we'll have to get one!!



Greta won a baking contest at the Cable Fall Fest (more on that next week).

Greta with her prizes for winning the baking contest


Plus we did a ton of canning, cooking, gardening and went to many Varsity Football games (Greta cheered one night).  My favorite recipe for September:    Zucchini Crust Pizza.   And now we are ready for Fall!!!

What's your favorite part of Fall?

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. The pink cast cracks me up, but bummer that he broke it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! What a great month!!! (except for the broken arm) Even the 1st day of school crabbies are awesome. It's hard adjusting to back to school! Can't wait to read about Greta's prize!

    ReplyDelete