Pinterest

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cheap, Easy Healthy Lunch

Since my debt diet  began 6 weeks ago, I made the decision to pack healthier, reasonable lunches to prevent me from going out to lunch (which I used to do once per week).

READY TO GO SALADS

On Sunday nights I've been packing salad jars (yum) with the organic greens coming from Aldi's.  I've been packing them in canning jars with the salad dressing in the lids with the jar placed upside down.  At lunch time I just flip the jar over and I have a delicious lunch in a jar.  I've also been adding nutritional yeast to the jars, but I would add feta or blue cheese if I had it available.  I need some healthy fat in my salad to fill me up.    SOON, I hope be able to buy my produce from the farmer's market or harvest from my own garden.


Ready to go lunches and snacks
You'd be surprised at how many greens you can pack in



I've also been packaging up broccoli and cherry tomatoes for a snack.  I like to think I don't need a snack during the day but in reality around 3 or 4 p.m. every day I experience a drop in blood sugar and if I don't have a healthy snack I'm tempted to eat chocolate flavored twizzlers (I'm embarrassed to admit that I tried these at work this week - yuck).

AMY'S ORGANIC SOUPS

AND, if you are committed to healthy eating without a paying a ton of money - WALGREENS has a great sale on Amy's Organics Soup this week.  Back in my unconscious money days I would pay $4.19 per can but they are on sale (nation wide) this week for $1.99 per can.  I bought 18 cans so I should be set for awhile but be warned they will only let you buy 6 at a time.

If you have to pack a lunch, what do you bring?  I also like leftovers when we have them.

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment