Pinterest

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Packer Parties

Yes, I realize it's Christmas.  But in our household we also have PACKERS on the brain.  Nothing goes together better than football and food!    I'm a huge Packer fan going back to the days of Lynn Dickie.  Lucky me, I got to meet him this year thanks to my friend Denise. 

To start with, I made this yummy Packer Parfait. 

Packer Parfait



I layered pistachio pudding, and granola and it's delicious!

Of course, I like to serve green and gold vegetables with hummus.  Believe it or not, the veggies are usually a hit.

Packer Vegetables


If we have veggies, we must have fruit.  So, I like to serve green apples, pears and pineapple. 


Packer Fruit and Popcorn in my Grandma's Bowls



For dessert, we like to serve Packer Ice Cream which is chocolate mint ice cream with candy jelly rings on the side.  This bowl was my Grandma Johnson's too.  Love this bowl!

Greta with Packer Ice Cream


OK,  I gotta' admit this next recipe is not very healthy, but this green popcorn is always a hit with the kids.
It's basically like popcorn balls, but the lime gelatin gives it a different flavor.  Here's the recipe:  Packer Popcorn

Graham with Green Bay Popcorn



And, I do have a recipe for a Packer punch, but Chad makes a mean bloody mary.  They are superb and perfect for a Packer Party.  

Here's his coveted recipe:

Chad's Bloody Mary's
Clamato (he swears this is the ticket)
1 ounce vodka
Silver Springs Horseradish (another secret)
Pickle juice
Worchestire
Salt, pepper and Tabasco

Add one ounce of vodka to a mug.  Fill almost to the top with clamato.  Add a dash of horseradish, a dash of Worchestire, a tinge pickle juice, salt, pepper and a dash of Tabasco.   Of course, the more you can garnish the better the bloody mary!

Chad's Bloody Mary

Santa brought me a Packer ticket to the Lions game at Lambeau one week from today.  I hope Santa brings the Packers a win today against the bears!

Merry Christmas to All.  And, go Packers!!!







Kristin




P.S.   For the Vikings fans, I would serve purple cauliflower and yellow peppers, plums and bananas, and black cherry ice cream with gold candy accents.

1 comment: