Pinterest

Monday, July 30, 2012

Healthy Quick Blueberry Recipes

We used the last of the blueberries to make two quick and healthy blueberry recipes.   Luckily, we have a freezer full of blueberries for future blueberry recipes.

First up, I made this Watermelon Blueberry Mint Salad that I received from my friend Stacey Raymond.  Yes, this was featured in last year's blog but it's SUPER good and worth repeating.

Stacey's Watermelon Blueberry Salad
Bring 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 of water to a simmer in a saucepan.
Remove from heat, add 3 mint sprigs and steep for 10 minutes.
Discard mint and add zest and juice from 1 lemon and a pinch of salt.
Toss with 3 cups of cubed watermelon and 2 cups of blueberries.
Let stand 15 minutes. Top with chopped mint.
Hmmm, Hmmm, good!

Watermelon Blueberry Mint Salad

And, finally I made some granola blueberry bars for a great breakfast treat.  Delicious!

Blueberry Granola


Here's the delicious recipe:  Blueberry Granola Bars

We checked more off our Summer 2012 Bucket List on our tent camping excursion.  Here's a cool picture of Chad jumping off the boat.

Chad takes a dip



And here's Greta and I trying to fall asleep in the tent.

Tenting It!



Up next, blackberries.  I need some inspiration, so let me know if you have any good blackberry recipes.

Thanks for reading,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment